I Spy...SPY GLASS!

According to my bookstore commandos, the book has been released!  And if you already get my Free email newsletter, this should be old news so feel free to skip this post :) 

One of the unique things about this release is SPY GLASS is also going to be available in the United Kingdom and Australia in the same month. Usually, my overseas readers have to wait, but not this time :)


The UK edition will be out September 17th. And, according to my Australian Editor, the AU edition is available now at: SPY GLASS
 
See all the beautiful covers below??  I must admit...the Australian one (purple with diamond) is my favorite of the  three (shhhh....don't tell!).
 
I'm thrilled to see this book in print. It was a difficult one to write - Opal had tough choices to make and difficult obstacles to navigate.


For this story, I toured the State Correctional Institute in Camp Hill, PA for men. This facility also has a SMU (Special Management Unit - a.k.a. max security). A friend of mine arranged the tour and helped to educate me on the prison system. Walking among the prisoners was the biggest surprise to me. I thought my tour would be behind bullet-proof glass or at a safe distance, but the facility isn''t all maximum security and my friend showed me the cell blocks, the cafeteria, the gym, the classrooms and the exercise yards. The cafeteria was filled with prisoners and we passed a bunch when we entered the block. We were outnumbered 50 to 1, but everyone was nice and polite. There were correctional officers (they are not prison guards!) nearby, but only a few, and they weren't even armed. That was uncanny and scary.

This is the last Study/Glass book for now – I do see potential in many characters in this world, including Heli (the young Stormdancer), Quinn and Fisk.





My tour schedule if anyone is interested:

August 28, 2010: RELEASE PARTY for SPY GLASS!! The wonderful people who work at my local Borders in Lancaster, Pennsylvania are hosting a release party for SPY GLASS! (940 Plaza Blvd. Lancaster, PA 17601, 717-293-8022) 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.


September 7, 2010: Book Signing at Elizabethtown Public Library (10 South Market Street, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, 17022, 717-367-7467) Books will be available for sale. 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

September 11, 2010: Writing Workshop: Maria's Nitpicks for Pennwriters Area 2 one day seminar Writing for Children and Young Adults (The Fire Hall, 911 Market Street, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, 17815) Everyone is welcome to sign up for this writing workshop ($35 for Pennwriter's members, $40 for non-members - includes a box lunch). I will be teaching in the afternoon. To sign up or find out more, contact Kathryn Yelinek through her website: Kathryn Yelinek

September 24, 2010: Reading, Q&A Session and Book Signing at The Pennsylvania State University's Abington Campus (http://www.abington.psu.edu/psasite/ca/index.html) (1600 Woodland Rd, Abington, PA 19001 at a place called @611. 7:30 p.m. start time. According to my information, this @611 is a quarter mile from campus. There will be books available for sale. This event is FREE and OPEN to one and all!

October 1, 2010: Book Signing at Borders in Glendale, California (100 S. Brand Blvd. Glendale, California, 91204, 818-241-8099). 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m

October 2, 2010: Book Signing at Mysterious Galaxy book store. (7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, Suite 302, San Diego, California, 92111, 310-542-6000) 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

October 3, 2010: Participating in the Orange County Children's Book Festival! at the Orange Coast College (2701 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa, California, 92626) 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. I will be on the teen stage for a presentation and will also be signing books. It's FREE with FREE Parking - you can't beat that price :)

October 21, 2010: Book Signing & Book Group Discussionat the Cupboard Maker Books (157 N. Enola Road, Routes 11 & 15, Enola, Pennsylvania 17025. 717-732-7288). The Cupboard Maker's Urban Fantasy book group is going to discuss INSIDE OUT. The book signing is from 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and the discussion group is meeting from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. All are welcome to the discussion, but I'd recommend you read the book first otherwise you'll hear spoilers :)

Here's some links to reviews (watch out for Spoilers to SEA GLASS - can't be helped since SPY GLASS starts right after!):

  • All About Romance Book Reviews

  • Kyle Borland

  • Fresh Fiction

  • AmberKatze Book Blog

  • Night Owl Reviews
  • Comments

    1. hmm I agree with you: the australian cover is more beautiful. I think Ill just order it from australia...

      PS-your blog design is soo gorgeous!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Maria,
      I love the new blog! And I can't wait to run out and get Spy Glass. YAY!
      A suggestions--could you add an email sign-up for the blog? That way busy folks like me will get a notice in their inboxes whenever there is a new post, so we won't miss it.
      congrats on the new book!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oops--once I put my comment in, I saw a little "subscribe by email" underneath...

      Maybe it should be a bigger box, so dunces like me don't miss it!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oops again--it turns out the the "subscribe" button is only for comments. So I re-re-request the follow by email option (yes, I'm done now, I swear).

      ReplyDelete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    6. SOOOO excited that Spy Glass was released but I can't get it on the Sony EReader store >.< not sure if there isn't a delay or something but yeah. I am electronically challenged enough to not be sure if I can get it through Barns and Noble and put it on my ereader! So I am at the omgooses stage where I am running around in circles about to bonk my head on the wall because I want to start reading now!!!!! /sigh

      ReplyDelete
    7. I'm currently reading Sea Glass, so I'm excited that Spy Glass is out! I wish you would come to Utah!!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Now what is the deal with the early release? I work for a bookstore, and we have a strict on sale date for 8/31/10. I would love to pick it up early, but we have it under lock and key at the moment.

      ReplyDelete
    9. Holly I know in a previous blog/newsletter Maria said that some places are having an early release on the 24th. Yesterday I had checked online at B&N and seen that I could do a pick up at my local one. That is how I got mine early.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Yeah I to just went to B&N I can't handle waiting even 2 days for it to arrive in my ereader store ^_^ though today I have been so busy I have only been able to read the first paragraph!

      ReplyDelete
    11. How exciting! I've been waiting for this book for ages! Can't wait until its released here in Australia!! BIG FAN!! Love your work!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Just picked up Spy Glass yesterday. Can't wait to read it. My only complaint is that it's actually a bit bigger than the previous two (and the Study series) so it doesn't fit as nicely on the shelf with them. :/ Kind of odd that they changed the size, but I'm sure I will love the interior!

      ReplyDelete
    13. My copy has shipped and I am so excited.I can't wait to read it. I should get it today!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Congratulations, Maria, on Spy Glass and on the new blog...very nice! I'm taking notes ^.^

      ReplyDelete
    15. I didn't know you had a blog! I'm happy to see that Spy Glass came out... I actually didn't read either Storm Glass or Sea Glass. Guess I should get on that!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Oh, and those covers are seriously AWESOME.

      ReplyDelete
    17. i cant wait to start reading spy glass (i'm half way through reading another book but it's being put aside just so i can read this one)
      All the australian covers have been fantastic, not just for the glass series but the study ones as well :)
      Becs it was released in Australia on the 24th, i found mine at Big W during my lunch break then set about texting friends who i got hooked on the books to say they could buy it already

      ReplyDelete
    18. Spy Glass was awesome, and a nice end to Opal's story.

      I hope Fisk stars in your next one :D

      ReplyDelete
    19. I got my copy at B&N two days ago and started reading it today. It already rocks! Maria, you've done it again!

      ReplyDelete
    20. I just finished spy glass, and I'm so happy that the Australian cover was so beautiful! not that the others weren't. I love how you ended Opal's story and I'm dying to read a series about Fisk!

      ReplyDelete
    21. i would love to read a series involving Ari and Janco as the main characters finding loove and mischief and mayhem :D

      ReplyDelete
    22. I really enjoyed the whole glass series my only concern is what happened to Zitora Cowan??? she was quite a major character in the stormglass and then she wasnt in spy glass at all and we never found out what happened. I would love it if you made your next lot of books about her and finding her sister and everything, it would be awesome :D

      ReplyDelete
    23. I like the UK cover best, mainly because I live in the UK and like matching covers :). I am sad it is the last in the series but I am excited to read it. I would love a book about Fisk. He is one of my favourite characters and you can tell he would have some pretty amazing adventures, though I am sure he would negotiate his way out of trouble ;)

      ReplyDelete
    24. Spy Glass was wonderful! It exceeded all my expectations, which I had thought not quite in the realm of possibility. ^_^ Thank you for a wonderful final chapter to Opal's story. I have the Kindle edition, but I actually had to get the paper version first, a) because it was available first and I could. not. wait., and b) because the art is just wonderful. (I have the U.S. version.)

      Thanks again for creating this wonderful world. Can't wait to read more!!

      ReplyDelete
    25. Spy Glass is now shipping from Amazon UK!

      I'm not sure how/why its out early but I'm not complaining :) Can't wait for my copy!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Popular posts from this blog

    The Absinthe Earl Author Interview & Giveaway!

    House Cleaning

    POISON STUDY now an Interactive Story!