May Madness

And I was doing so well with posting!  Then a few things converged and all my extra time for blogging disappeared.  This post will be a quick update on what's been going on and then I'm going to post a multi-part chat with my editor!

BIG News - TASTE OF DEATH has a new title.  Book 3 of the Healer Series will now be titled, TASTE OF DARKNESS.  Various reasons were given - original title too morbid, too serial-killer-ish.  At first, I wasn't too excited about the change, but I trust my publisher and they were excited about the new title and it seems my Facebook friends are in agreement. So I'm happy. The cover isn't finalized yet, but I can tell you Deep Purple - very dark!  What do you think of the new title?

I've also been working on STORM WATCHER revisions.  The book will be out in October 2013, but I'll be signing ARCs for STORM WATCHER at Book Expo America (BEA) in New York City (Javits Convention Center) on Thursday, May 30th at Table 13 from 3 to 4 pm.  Here's a link to BEA: http://www.bookexpoamerica.com/

Here's the rest of my schedule for May and June:

May 18, 2013 Participating in the Lancaster County Women's Expo. (Spooky Nook Sports Complex, 2913 Spooky Nook Road, Manheim, Pennsylvania, 17545). I'll be selling and signing books from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Women's Expo is a fun-filled and information-packed event, featuring 100+ exhibitors, two fashion shows, demonstrations, shopping, free spa treatments, a Hula Hoop contest, and so much more! It's FREE if you register in advance online, and $5.00 at the door.

May 24-26, 2013 Participating in Balticon 47. (Hunt Valley Inn, 245 Shawan Road, Hunt Valley, Maryland, 21031, 410-785-7000). I'll be teaching a couple writing workshops and sitting in on panels during this weekend-long con. Balticon has over 300 Hours of Multi-Track Programming featuring authors, publishers, editors, artists, scientists, musicians and other creative Science Fiction and Fantasy luminaries. Join over a thousand SF fans for the area's largest and longest running convention of its kind! Visit our huge art show, dealer's room, concerts, dances, gaming room, computer room and video room. Everything Science Fiction and Fantasy in one huge package.

June 27-30, 2013 Participating in In Your Write Mind Workshop. (Seton Hill University, One Seton Hill Drive, Greensburg, Pennsylvania, 15601). I'll be teaching a writing workshop during this weekend-long conference for writers. If you're an aspiring author this is the conference for you. Trust me! At this workshop, you'll find a variety of workshop topics, knowledgeable presenters, plenty of chances to network with agents and editors, and you'll meet fellow writers who "get" you. Register online.


Volleyball has dominated my family for the last three months.  My son, Luke is on the high school varsity team (the Bears) as an opposite hitter.  With games twice a week and tournaments on weekends, we watched a lot of great games.  The best part for me was when my son spiked the ball or had a great block, the crowd would cheer Luuuuke in a deep voice - it almost sounded like they were boo-ing. That was very fun to hear!

The Bears finished in 4th place in section 2, and then played the first place section 1 team in playoffs - needless to say, they lost that game, but not without a fight.  The highlight of the season was when the Bears won their home tournament - the boys all received Champion T-shirts and a trophy for the school!  Congrats to the entire team for all their hard work and dedication!!

My daughter Jenna also plays and she joined a club team - the Chargers this winter/spring.  And by utter coincidence both my children finished their seasons on the same day!  YAY!

As for my co-ed volleyball team - the Tornados (I picked the name - can you tell ;) - we ended our season in 5th place and didn't make the playoffs.  It's a fun church league and good exercise. I'm one of the setters - since we play on a men's net, it's harder for me to spike.

So that's the update on what's been dominating my life this spring.  I am currently re-reading my Study books to get ready for writing the next Study adventure - making notes and listing all the names so I don't re-use them in the new book ;)  I'll read the Glass books next and then get to work.

So much for my quick update!

Comments

  1. I like the new title! I can see how the publisher might think it too morbid though. Still, it works! And a deep purple cover?! OOooh I cannot wait to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Did i read that right? A new study book? YESYESYESYESYES PLEASE DO. Looking forward to it A LOT.

    On a side note, will you be doing another Australia tour? I missed the last one.. :(

    Oh and, i liked Taste of Death, but Taste of Darkness is just as awesome. :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a new Study book :) It will be out in late 2014 - no final date yet.

      I'd love to return to Australia - no plans are in the works right now, but I will be back!

      Delete
  3. You may be writing another book from the Study/Glass world?? That would be so AMAZING!!

    And Taste of Darkness is definitely less gruesome than Taste of Death, but they are both awesome titles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am writing another Study book Tayler! Well, not right now, but I'm getting ready to start chapter one.

      Delete
    2. That makes me so excited! The Study books are what introduced me to you! And I have recommended them to everyone who asks for book recommendations!

      Delete
  4. I love the title! I can't wait for Taste of Darkness! I love your books so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    Spring cleaning
    Bond cleaning

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Absinthe Earl Author Interview & Giveaway!

House Cleaning

POISON STUDY now an Interactive Story!