The Trouble with Trella

I really didn't know what to title this blog, since it's going to be a little bit of everything.  However, the reason I went with Trella is the obvious fact that OUTSIDE IN is out, and because she is blogging about how to survive in her world over at Bitten By Books today (starting around 12:00 p.m. Central Standard Time).  As usual, there will be prizes for commenters.  I'm giving away a $50 Amazon gift card and a signed copy of OUTSIDE IN to a grand prize winner (open internationally) and five more signed copies to five runner ups :)

Here's the link - the event's going on right now!:  http://www.bittenbybooks.com/37040/author-maria-v

In other news, I'm nearing the end of TOUCH OF POWER.  I have until March 11th to finish and do a quite revision before handing it in.  It will go through a number of revisions based on comments from my editor, agent, critique partner and daughter (who reads my manuscripts with a red pen in hand ;).  The book is due out January 2012 - and you can see how long it takes to go through all the edits, and cover designs, etc... before it's printed. 

I also finished one of two short stories that are due March 1st.  The finished one is titled Godzilla Warfare - it's a military science fiction story - the first of that genre for me.  It's going to be in anthology called, No Man's Land, and all the stories are written by female authors with female protagonists (I think).  I had a blast with my girl - she's an expert in bombs and is sent to a planet to diffuse an unexploded MFG-66, which is nicknamed the Godzilla bomb because it can flatten a city.  However, the mission doesn't go as expected (of course - you don't think I'd make it easy for my protags - do you? ;)  That's coming out end of May 2011.

Lastly, here are a few links of interest:  
http://snifflykitty.blogspot.com/2011/02/interview-with-maria-v-snyder-lrc.html  Interview and give away (I think - I didn't see anything mentioned in the article, but she says if you review the books you get two extra entries).

And a link to an article about OUTSIDE IN in my local paper:  http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/355667

Comments

  1. It's mentioned at the very end of the post ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARIA!!!!!!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! You sent the whole series, and you didn't have to. Judy the manager of the house is wraped, and so am I. And I am even exited to read the letter you sent with the books next week (as Ethan has a CT scan on the 8th and we stay at the house).
    But I am sorry to say they arn't alowed to send you a thank you note, well not until I get there. Because I have something to add to their note, lol.
    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - Mindy glad the books came :) But you'll have to thank my publisher and editor, Haylee Kerans - she did all the work. I only sent her an email asking her to send the books.

    And thanks for clarifing Sniffly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for your new book! I haven't had a chance to read Inside Out but it is sitting in my bookshelf, waiting to be read. Probably this summer once uni is done for the semester!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Absinthe Earl Author Interview & Giveaway!

House Cleaning

POISON STUDY now an Interactive Story!