It's Here! UK cover art and news from AU.

This just in - the paint's a little wet so be careful not to smudge it ;>  Cover art for SCENT OF MAGIC for the UK edition.  Which will be released 18 December 2012.

So?  What do you think?  I love the colors and there are some really neat elements.  But...white?  Not the uniform I imagined, but it's eye catching, which is what the cover art is supposed to do -get the book noticed.

If you like to read the first chapter of SCENT OF MAGIC here's a link:  http://www.mariavsnyder.com/books/som.php  I don't have it linked to my website yet - I'm working on updating my website this weekend.

Also any bloggers/reviews the ARC is up on Netgalley - you have to be approved to access it.  Please only download if you're planning to post a review - my son starts university next year ;>

For my Australian readers, I now have the cover for SCENT OF MAGIC thanks to Braiden Asciak who managed to get the cover before I did *insert mini rant here* :)

And here it is:


I also have the new TOUCH OF POWER cover.  My Australian publishers are going to re-issue TOUCH OF POWER in December 2012 and then publish SCENT OF MAGIC in January 2013.

Here's the new TOP cover for AU:


This is the original cover:



So?  What do you think of the AU covers?  I like them both - it reminds me of my Study AU books with the black background (see below).  

 

Comments

  1. I LOVE it! It's stunning! The new Aus cover is pretty cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for this to come out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love those really^^ i wouldn't mind having a copy of each edition

    ReplyDelete
  4. All beautiful covers...I wish I could own every single version!!! Thanks for the heads-up on the ARC, too! I loved Touch of Power and can't wait to love Scent of Magic, too, and then frollick across the internets, spreading my love for this series! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh I looove them both!! So pretty! Can't wait to read Scent of Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY - that is so beautiful. I have requested the Galley ARC and i can't wait to read it, Review will definitely be up on my blog if I get it!
    Will still buy a copy too. Want the finished copy when it comes out, will look awesome on my shelf. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! I LOVE the new AU cover! It totally reminds me of the Study series covers :D I will have to go and buy ToP again in that cover :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new Australian cover. It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the comments! I just updated the post to include the AU SCENT OF MAGIC cover - thanks to Braiden :) And I added in all the AU covers for the Study books so we can compare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the white for the first one. And as an Aussie... I like the covers also. Well done Maria, good luck with the release :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, all of your publishing partners give you great covers!! You are one lucky author. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW the UK cover ia beautiful! I love the white it represents the innocence and healing ability to me:3 And the purple is genius a smashing combination. My hands are craving to hold the book Gahh ;( I'll keep re-reading I guess:p x
    P.S
    Maria my book club love you! Your writing ability is a gift from the heavens! A wonderful rolemodel <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG THE UK COVER...<3 <3 <3
    And the AU covers are absolutely gorgeous. You have excellent cover designers ;D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh I'm loving the AU covers. I like the simplicity of just having the lily's on them. I promise as a blogger that grabbed the ARC (and devoured it in a day) that I'll post a review :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome UK Cover! I've posted it onto my blog!

    http://readwriteandreadsomemore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/uk-cover-reveal-scent-of-magic-by-maria.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Damn, now I'm gonna have to give my copy of Touch Of Power to my sister. I cant stand a non matching set of books

    ReplyDelete
  17. The new version of the aussie covers are beautiful; but I am going to have to buy a new copy of Touch of Power; its a little OC but I really prefer matching covers in a series. Still love how the covers now match the Study series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yessssss. The cover of Fire Study was what first drew my attention to the original series, and I wasn't even aware Touch of Power had been released until my sister got the current AU copy. So glad I can get the newer covers to read, since I think they're much prettier. >:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg i love the uk cover i do hope i can get my hands on it down in australia cause i matchers my cover for book one. cant wait to read it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Absinthe Earl Author Interview & Giveaway!

House Cleaning

Celebrating!