To Do List...Done! On Vacation...Finally!

So I managed to cross off all the items I listed in my Massive To Do list in May - my goal was to get them done in time for my beach vacation and I made it!  Woo Hoo!!

Here's the list: 
  • Revise SCENT OF MAGIC  Done - My editor is excited about the revisions! Pub date: Dec 27, 2012
  • Write a short story for THE BEST LAID PLANS anthology Done. Title: Brand Spanking New. It has returned with editorial comments - revisions are needed.
  • Write a travel article about Australia for b Magazine Done.
  • Write a synopsis for TASTE OF DEATH (bk 3 in the Healer series) Done. (I really like the way this book develops - a new nasty comes into play called the Skeleton King - he's mention in Touch of Power - does anyone remember?).  Comments came back from my agent - revisions are needed.
  • Write a synopsis for another series to be written after Taste Of Death. Done - I only wrote the synopsis for book 1 since I'm a seat of the pants writer and have no idea what book 2 and 3 will be :) Comments came back from my agent - revisions are needed.
  • Prep for talk for the Valley Forge Romance Writers Done.
  • Present to VFRW Done. The ladies were lovely and such a fun group. Thanks for lunch!
  • Attend the Book Expo in NYC in June Done. Had a great time - signed a book for Dr. Ruth!! 
  • Prep for Seton Hill's residency (I'm teaching two classes) and writer's conference (I'm leading one workshop) Done.
  • Attend SHU's residency and writer's conference. Done! Always a super fun time at SHU - a very creative and supportive group of writers.  The Great Gatsby Ball with a twist was a blast - I can't wait to see what the theme is for next year!
And now I'm on vacation in Delaware at the beach - my favorite place to hang out and relax. Today I organzied all my beads by color and pendants by theme so I'm all set when I have the bug to make some jewelry - so much fun ;> (photo from my trip to New Zealand last year - a gorgeous black sand beach!)

Of course there are those to do items that have returned - revisions for the TOD synopsis, New Series synopsis, and for Brand Spanking New. Plus all the other tasks that need to be done.....oh, well - they can wait!

So where's your favorite vacation spot?






Comments

  1. Woo! congrats :) just wondering, why did you have to write an article about Australia? (yay, Australia!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so excited for 27th of December :D Too bad it wont be out in time for Chrissy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Congratulations Maria!! You've soooooo earned that vacation!! Hope you enjoy it!

    And I soooooo cannot wait to read Scent of Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria V. Snyder, that is quite the laundry list of required duties. Enjoy your well-deserved vacation!! I have been meaning to reread "Poison Study," to rediscover one of my favorite novels.

    I should comment on here more, its a really fun blog! Anyways, my favorite place is either Cape Cod or Arcadia National Park because it combines my favorite things: hiking, beautiful beaches, and picturesque forests. In Arcadia, you get beaches, forests, and mountains. I wish I could either of those places right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite vacation spot, to date, would be Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. Te World of Harry Potter was phenomenal and I can't wait to go back some day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Way to go getting all that done! I need to glean some energy. Our favorite vacation spot is the San Elijo State Beach Campground near San Diego, CA. We've camped there for years, and my girls love it. We have camped in Yosemite the past two years, and that is becoming a favorite location as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! Ruby - I wrote a travel article about Australia for a local magazine called "b magazine" it's aimed at retired people and I write travel articles for them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Absinthe Earl Author Interview & Giveaway!

House Cleaning

POISON STUDY now an Interactive Story!