The Power in a Reader's Touch Part 3

This time the extended delay is my fault (and bloggers - I had it set to post on Wednesday - but it didn't!). Bri sent me parts 3 (this one has PRIZES!) and 4 and so I'll post Part 4 in a couple days.

Review Formatting
By Bri Clark
Oh…wow dear readers it would seem I’m late yet again. [and I made it later - sorry!]  My apologies. However, my excuse is most valid. I’ve recently been inducted into the the Women’s Speaking Association. It’s a truly wonderful accomplishment but in order to capitalize on it I had to do a lot!! But I digress. [Congrats Bri!!!  I hope the Global Women's Summit goes well (or went well - you said June, but not the date :)]

So here is the 3rd installment of the power you amazing readers have. If you missed Part I or Part II well they are highlighted for a reason hun. ;)

Today I’m going to show you the suggested formatting for a review. There is no set in stone too short, too long, or in between for a review. This is just the way I personally have found works best.

Title
• Hero Name
• Heroine Name
• Author’s Name
• Climax: What part of the story really, really seemed the most dramatic?
Favorite part: That part looking back that you just adored.
Worst part: The part where you didn’t want to keep reading but had to know what happened.
Ending: You don’t have to give a spoiler…just express if you were satisfied.
Star Rating: How many stars would you give it?





I’d suggest that when you begin to read a book that you use a piece of post it or paper as the book mark and write these points down. Personally, I had cards made and I hand them out at events or as swag.

In fact I’ll send a set to two lucky commenter’s. All they need to do is leave their name and email address below. I’ll randomly pick two and contact you to get your mailing address.


Tune in next week [in a couple days] when I explain what tagging is. Thanks for having me on Maria. You are a truly exceptional hostess.  [Awwwwww *blushing*]

Comments

  1. This sounds like a really neat idea. Anyways, my name is Justin B., and my email address is narniafanatic@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, and just what I was looking for. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the covers! They draw me to the books. Any good cover makes me curious and since you are posting about them, i'm going to look into them! Been looking for something new to read. Bonerotten@gmail.com Marie D

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a good way to do reviews
    Charlott- alloychar@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for doing rewiews:-)
    Maria- mgpanico@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good systematic way to conduct reviews. Thanks
    megzie22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very useful information as I don't like when I read reviews that spoil the plot of the book. Kimberly kimberly@trevweb.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa
    chocoholic@colornetpress.com

    I'm glad to have this outline. I often wonder how to make reviews helpful and end up with a biased opinion. I really like this format. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea for outlining a review. I am looking at it as a teacher, and I think it could be useful in my classroom. Thanks!

    Stephanie
    stephanie.williams98@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your review format is great! Can't wait to actually have a structure for my reviews. Thanks.

    Amanda
    ajtse@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to start a book review blog for a long time now and i can't tell you how beneficial your postings are.
    Thank you so much-
    -Dan

    danielmaiette@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is a very informative and useful post thanks it is good material to read this post increases my knowledge.

    Keeping In Touch

    ReplyDelete
  14. any hint when ur next book will be out?
    i've just read touch of power twice already and cant wait for the next one:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the comments - I'll let Bri know they're here.

    Theresa - Scent of Magic will be out in late December - only 6 months away!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.
    End of lease cleaning
    carpet steam cleaning Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Absinthe Earl Author Interview & Giveaway!

House Cleaning

POISON STUDY now an Interactive Story!